Summer is the perfect time to revamp your drink menu to add some unique, refreshing flavors. Beverages are big money makers for restaurants in the hotter months, so creating a few new cocktails is always a good idea. You may also want to consider making non-alcoholic versions of a few of these recipes as mocktails continue to become more popular.
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 12 Mint, leaves
- 2 to 3 cups Watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Ice
- 2 oz Rum
- Fresca soda (can substitute tonic, club soda, Sprite, 7-up)
- *garnish – watermelon, lime, mint for garnish
- To a shaker add watermelon, mint, ice, and limes wedges and muddle crushing the ice and lime to release flavors.
- Add rum and shake.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour half full with watermelon mixture. Finish filling glass with Fresca and stir to combine.
- Garnish with watermelon wedge, mint stem and or lime wedge
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces lemonade
- Sliced strawberry, for garnish
- Muddle the strawberries in the bottom of a tumbler or old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice, followed by the vodka.
- Top with the lemonade.
- Garnish with strawberry slices laid out in a fan. Serve and enjoy.
- Salt, to serve
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 cups (500ml) Ashton Valley Fresh Sparkling Apple Juice
- 1 cup (250ml) tequila
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 4 slices green apple
- Lime zest, to serve
- Place salt on a plate. Run the cut side of the lime around the rims of serving glasses. Dip in the salt to coat.
- Place sparkling apple juice, tequila, if using, lime rind, lime juice and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour evenly among the glasses.
- Decorate with apple slices and lime zest.
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups watermelon balls (or chunks)
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup fresh watermelon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Sauvignon blanc or other semi-dry white wine, chilled
- 1 1 liter bottle carbonated water, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs and/or leaves (optional)
- In a large pitcher combine cucumber, lime slices, watermelon balls, and the 24 mint leaves. In a small bowl stir together lime juice, watermelon juice, and honey until combined; pour over cucumber mixture. Add wine, stirring gently. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, stir in carbonated water. Ladle or pour into glasses. If desired, garnish with additional mint.
- 4–6 SERVINGS
- ¾ cup passion fruit juice, chilled
- ¼ cup Aperol
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 750ml bottle sparkling rosé, chilled
- Ruby red grapefruit wedges (for serving)
- Whisk passion fruit juice, Aperol, lime juice, and sugar in a large pitcher until sugar is dissolved. Stir in rosé.
- Serve spritz in large ice-filled wine glasses. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Click below to learn a few great ways to invest in your restaurant business today!