Implementing sustainable practices is only becoming more important for small businesses. In fact, “84% of consumers look for sustainability in the companies they do business with. And a full 79% of people looking for work look for green credentials.” Simply based on those statistics, taking steps toward a greener business model is not only a good idea, it is becoming a necessity.
Benefits Of Going Green
In order for small businesses to invest in green business practices, there has to be some kind of benefit outside of the environmental impact.
- Enhanced brand image and increased competitive advantage
- Increased productivity and reduced costs
- Better financial and investment opportunities
- Increased preparedness for future legislation and costs
- Improved recruitment and retention of quality employees
- Healthier work environment for employees
How To Become More Sustainable
There are many things small business owners can do to make their company more sustainable. Here are just a few suggestions.
- Perform a Self-Audit
- Promote Recycling for Customers and Employees
- Employ Efficient Energy Tools and Appliances
- Take Advantage of the Cloud
- Encourage and Employ Green Transportation
- Furnish & Dispose Earth-Friendly
- Create A Volunteer Work Initiative
- Employ Eco-Friendly Tech and Dispose of it Properly
How To Use Going Green For Marketing
Marketing your business and its products as environmentally friendly can have a tremendous impact on sales and the audience you are able to resonate with.
- Show your business cares about the environment by focusing on green product advantages and eco-friendly business practices in your marketing messages and strategies
- Create an Eco-Friendly Selling Point
- Brand with Green Logos or Insignias
- Print on Recycled Paper
- Invest in Online Marketing
- Promote Local Vendors
Let Quikstone Capital help your small business go green in 2021!